Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wash your hands!

Do you still remember the SARS outbreak in 2003? I do. That's because that was the year whereby I was on clinical placements and I was attached to the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) when it all happened, being interviewed by Channel News Asia, and being featured in the 4th episode of the prgram, Living with SARS. I've tried searching for the program, to no avail. The only way for me to get a hold of the footage (or rather, the entire edited episode) is to purchase it from MediaCorp, which would cost me a bomb.

During the "SARS period", Phua Chu Kang (PCK) was still very much a Singapore favourite. He did a rap on SARS, which included the lines, Wash your hands, in it.


Now, with Swine (or H1N1), I'm yet again on clinicals, this time round in the Alfred Hospital - one of the 2 major public hospitals in Victoria whereby you'll hear sounds of the helicopter hover above your heads as they transport patients to the emergency department.

Recently, the Wondergirls has been a hit, with their song, Nobody. And the Mr Brown show has adapted it for a Wash Your Hands songs. Enjoy watching and do remember to WASH YOUR HANDS.

No comments: